Vision and mission
As a proudly inclusive organisation we are committed to work with all who share our vision, mission and values:
We envisage a community in which everyone has access to food and other essentials.
Our commitment is to share food across our community and improve lives by providing food and essential household items to build a healthy, hunger-free tomorrow.
We aim to:
• Promote social inclusion by supporting people who find themselves in a crisis situation where they need assistance to feed themselves and their families.
• Provide first tier support and advice where needed, so that people can access available welfare entitlements and other support services.
• Create opportunities for both guests and volunteers to broaden their skills and experiences so that we as a community develop and grow.
• Providing fresh as well as packaged and tinned food, cleaning materials and toiletries.
• Being available to all experiencing food insecurity.
• Evolving towards more sustainable practices that minimise our impact on the environment.
• Treating volunteers, guests & donors as equally valid members of our community, without preferential treatment, built on respect and equality.
• Celebrating our differences across race, class, sex, sexuality, and ability and not accepting any discriminatory behaviour in the Food Bank.
• Empowerment of all volunteers to make a positive impact in Bounds Green by working openly and enabling active involvement by all.